17.6.06

Ha Ha... Faked you out -- the REAL return to my blogging ways

This time I'm for real.

I've actually come full circle. When I first started blogging, I took a little trip to New York City on my way to Switzerland to visit Ashley and Rita, long-time friends who herald from the days of good ole McNair Magnet School. I'm back again, but this time with Sara, another of my best friends since the 7th grade. And this time en route to Fishers Island, NY (off the coast of New London, CT) where I will be teaching windsurfing and kayaking for the summer. I'll be here til Monday, and then travel by train to CT where I start work.



We had dinner at the California Pizza Kitchen (who knew carmelized pears and gorgonzola cheese on a pizza could be so good??) and then had dessert at Serendipity (of the famed movie....um, "Serendipity") The place was a bit stuffy. When Ash called to make reservations, they didn't hesitate to tell her that they are booked 2 months in advance. The pictures: left is Sara and I -- I really wasn't cold at all, I just spilled chocolate ice cream on my shirt so Sara let me borrow her jacket as a cover-up. And right is me, Rita, Sara, and Ashley.

And below is the windsurfing board I just bought. I'm pretty excited to put it to good use this summer on the island.

On the docket for tomorrow: buying a pair of Chacos and watching USA vs Italia at 2:30 EST.

No comments: