13.1.08

kitty-cat...meow

My bed is looking really comfy right now, but I don't think I can handle Abe's disappointment if he has to start another work-week without a blog post from Jayne. So here goes.

Catching up -- I ran the half-marathon! (note: ran, not raced... I wasn't in it for the gold, I just wanted to run the whole way, and finish without throwing up fettuccine alfredo or pulling a muscle). Despite the fact that I had to run 13.1 miles, I had a great time and enjoyed the enthusiasm of the other 3,800+ runners. Who knew that many people enjoyed running? The funniest moment had to have been when the 60-year-old speed-walker passed us up right around mile 12. We regained the lead, but only after finding out that he was going on to complete the full marathon.

I also got to spend a fair amount of time in Florida for Christmas and New Years. The weather was perfect, and I got to do my favorite thing: smell the orange blossoms. Mariah, Daniela and I built a ginger bread cottage (next year, we're upgrading to a condo), we played some favorite family games like Dogopoly (I schooled Mariah), and learned a few others like Lightning Reaction, Cranium, and Risk. Dad does an awesome impression of a Neandrathal. For those of you not present, you'll have to request a repeat of "Evolution" some day. Matt and I also beat everyone at Wii tennis (doubles), and Mariah schooled me on every individual sport.

The best thing about being home, undoubtedly, was being with Rachel and Danny. If this whole med school thing doesn't work out, it's already been established that I have a job as Matt and Erin's au pair in Switzerland. Done and done.

the coolest kids in school


Morgen & Danny in heaven

My twin


Rachel watching Mindori, and us watching Rachel -
I think she likes cats

Danny and half of my head at Pirates of the Caribbean

Buzz and the Jacksons

Mariah, Rachel, and deoderant

There. Are you satisfied, Abe? Probably not. I haven't put up a picture of Klarissa yet. Okay, how about this one?

2 comments:

Abe said...

I'm super-pleased with this post, Jenny. Congrats on the 1/2 marathon.

Wednesdays have never been this sweet. Great vids. Tasteful pics.

jen said...

Congrats on the 1/2. Is there nothing you can't do? Why don't you come see me in HI? You go every where else.