22.1.10

lakes of love

It's 12:23am, and I still have 9 pages of Ch. 26, Social Epidemiology to read before I go to sleep, but I just wanted to post one of my favorite pictures taken by Klabraham over the Christmas break.I recently read this quote: "Love does not consist in gazing at each other but in looking outward together in the same direction."* True. But I think it's a bonus that I get to gaze into those eyes
and look outward in the same direction as JO. (Hey, it's almost Valentine's day-ish. Give me a break).
And I love this picture of my little Inuit nephew and niece. They are such great kids and have very distinct personalities. Danny's quote of the trip: "Feef!", which, as we learned, can be interpreted as "I'm cold!" or "I'm scared!" Rachel's quote of the trip: "Fank you! Fank you!" while raising her arms above her head dramatically (after I had drawn her a picture of a heart balloon). What a funny bunch of kids. We love having a faction of Jacksons across the pond, but I believe I speak for everyone when I saw we can't wait to have them a little bit closer to home.

*Quote is by Antoine de Saint-Exupery; Wind, Sand and Stars

3 comments:

Klabraham said...

I am reading this at 9:54pm PDT and and wish I had textbooks to read and classes to skip. What a lovely quote - Valentine's is the next big holiday so I say break open the candy hearts now! That post just made my day.

tkangaroo said...

Jlo is looking very dapper in that photo, so we'll forgive the sugar coma. . . Love you!

KevandChels said...

congrats about unc! I'm sososososo pumped. initially i didn't realize you guys might not be down there but then from some of your entries i gathered that info. So, i'm so glad you'll be there! That's so wonderful! we're coming down to house hunt at the end of feb/beginning of march and then we'll move down mid June. how long is his peds residency?